Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Addition to my food program

As one who eats mostly raw and living foods, I tend to eat high in fat.  Twice I did a week cleans with no fat for 10 days.  I decided, after eating almost a whole jar of nuts in one sitting that I wanted to cut back on the nuts and fat. I felt sluggish all day. 

Then I also realized, after listening to Matt Monarch being interviewed by Revvell on Rockin Radio, I decided to go back to Norman Walker's way by drinking more juice.  Smoothies are easier, and I don't plan on cutting them out.  I plan on making juice when I want to eat nuts. 

I started that yesterday and made a glass of juice instead of eating a handful of nuts.  I think this is a good transition for me.  I've been eating living foods long enough to where my absorption has greatly improved.  I felt pleasantly full until dinner.  I still notice I have emotional eating habits and hope juicing will help correct that as well as writing.

Writing is a great way to get out the junk in your mind.  If we just write for 15 minutes a day, whatever comes to our mind, whatever emotions we are feeling, the good, the bad and the ugly, we help alleviate the negative emotions we carry within our subconscious.  We become free from dramatic reactions by replacing them with calmer, better thought out actions.

Another practice I took on, Liangong, is working out for me. I enjoy the 18 exercises and am beginning to notice some of the knee bending exercises are getting easier.  I have knee trouble from walking up and down six flights of stairs daily back in my early 40's.  It was my way of exercising at the time. Unfortunately, I had the wrong shoes on and injured my knees.  This has put a limit on some of the exercises I would like to do. 

Then of course, now that I live in a hot, humid climate, I have a difficult time working out because the heat in unbearable.  Liangong seems to be perfect for me right now because it's slow, yet works the muscles and joints.

LETGO = Leaving Everything To God Okay?

Trust god.........clean house........help others

No comments:

Post a Comment