Monday, September 6, 2010

Lack of split ends

I stopped dying my hair about 2 years ago.  The last time I cut my hair really short was 2 1/2 years ago.  I used to get spit ends all the time.  They'd start showing up about 6 weeks after my hair cut. My hair was really dry, even though I was eating lots of fruit and juicy foods.  So, when I quit dying my hair, I figured I would be more gray than I was. I have gray hair along the sides, but not so much in the back.


About the same time I quit dying my hair, I started washing it with baking soda and rinsing it with a capful of vinegar in a cup of water.  I put the baking soda in my hand and wet it making a thick paste.  Then I wet my hair and gently massage the paste into my scalp first, then work it gently to the ends.

I've been doing this for 2 years now. And now my hair is soft, no split ends, even after not having a trim in over 5 months.  This is a big change for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment