Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Update on the Examen and energy exercises

I have been practicing the Examen for the last 6 nights and my monkey mind prevails.  I continuously find myself thinking about so many other things rather than God's presence throughout the day, or what I'm grateful for, or the emotions that came up and how God may be speaking to me through them. 

So, at least a dozen times during the session, I gently bring my mind back into focusing on the Examen.  Because I've practiced several forms of meditation off and on over the years, I understand this is just what happens to our untrained minds.   I'll just keep doing my best each night. 

What I find interesting, is that I was really exited the first couple of nights. I had really good days filled will lots of joy, laughter and serenity.  Then Saturday, I felt off balanced, like something was wrong.  I had fallen a week earlier and injured my left ankle which really bothered me. My ankle is just slightly swollen and I had been driving; I drive a stick shift.  So, with an irritated ankle, I felt out of sorts, even a bit sad and upset for being injured.  When I did the Examen, I couldn't come up with anything regarding it, so I decided to just turn the healing over to God.  I'll do my part and stay off of it as much as possible and let God take care of the results.

Due to this injury, my exercise program at this time consists of isometrics that can be done while sitting and stretching.  Also started using "The  Energy Medicine Daily Routine" which is by Donna Eden.  I heard her in an interview last month and thought what she  did was interesting and downloaded this exercise routine for free.  I don't know if you can find it on her website or not but you can find a short version of what I have at Donna's link here.  You could also try LearnEnergyMedicine.com. 

According to Donna, your well-being will improve and your positive energy field will improve with the cumulative effects of these simple exercises. I remember learning a couple of these a tai chi class I took in Berkeley about 12 years ago. They are easy and only take about 10 minutes a day.   That, I can deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment