Thursday, September 2, 2010

My first attempt with the Examen


Last night I tried to go through my day as suggested by the Examen.  Well, at first my mind kept moving to other things.  So, I would gently bring my mind back to the Examen. This was done much in the same way I used to refocus myself when I practiced various types of meditation.  At one point, I woke up and realized I had fallen asleep before finishing. So I tried to remember where I was and continue.  Again I feel asleep before finishing and slept like a baby until I got up this morning. 

Right now I see it as a wonderful way to put myself to sleep.  I woke up feeling refreshed and wonderful. However, I would really like to stay away during the whole process.  Tonight, I'll try it agian and hopefully I can complete it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment