Saturday, September 18, 2010

Trying to keep the Examen alive for myself

I've been practicing the Examen nightly since starting this blog. First I tried it as I liad down before falling asleep.  But my mind kept drifting and I think I would fall asleep only to wake up trying to remember where I was.

A new approach was needed.  I found a blank book that I bought probably 7 years ago or more and started writing it down.  This seems to be working out better.  I first write a bit about the day, then I go through the Examen, writing everything. It takes 3-4 pages but that's OK.  That's what the book is for.

I decided writing it would be good because I listen to Revvell on Rawkin Radio and she was talking about writing and how it releases emotions and helps you heal emotionally.  So far, by doing this I was surprisingly didn't go into a depression after learning my husband didn't get a job I really wanted him to get. I somehow believe that God will find a job for him that will match his personality and the location will be really wonderful for us.  In the past, I would have obsessed about how I wanted to move back to California and would have become greatly depressed, blaming God and others for the disappointment. I don't feel this way. I don't know if it's because of working the steps, doing the Examen, or what.  I am greatful for the release of depression and obsession. 

For me, writing the Examen is working really well.  I love it and feel more serenity each day.

God's will can provide what I need for eternity.

Prayers may seem unanswered, but never are.

No comments:

Post a Comment