Monday, September 20, 2010

Mindfulness e-course!

I have always had a deep affection for Buddhism.  A friend introduced me to Spirituality Practice web site where you can get lots of different kinds of e-courses on spirituality.  My friend also knows how much I love Buddhism. So she gave me the gift of taking The Liberating Promise of Mindfulness with Sylvia Boorstein. Class begins on Sept. 27 and runs through to Oct. 22.  In that case, my spirtitual practice will be mindfulness.  Who knows what I'll be doing at the end of Oct. I was planning on the spirituality of Hildegard of Bingham, but that can wait. I'm really looking forward to learning more about Mindfulness.

I used to study Buddhism a lot and even practiced Metta meditation quite a bit.  I still do that when waiting in lines or for people.  I also own one of Sylvia's books, It's Easier than You Think or some similar title. My friend who gifted the class to me has it right now.  I bought it when it came out way back in the 1980's I think. 

So, if you want to join me and others for this class, please do.  I think it will be a blast.


I am grateful for this minute.  My eternity may be in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment