Friday, October 8, 2010

Work outs and a recipe

Work outs. I'm still doing Liangong 18 exercises in the evening. I notice that my thigh muscles are getting stronger.  I have knee problems and have been avoiding knee bends and the like. So I'm being really careful with those particular exercises.

I've also been thinking about doing weight baring exercises because I have thin bones and want to build them up. Then I remembered that my daughter gave me a bunch of work out DVDs.  They are Tony Horton's extreme body workout. I did the Shoulders and Arms DVD today. So far, I'm not hurting. But I probably will tonight.  I have 6 of his DVDs and at this point plan to rotate them.  I figure I'll decide at some point which DVD I want to focus more on. 

My program for physical heath at this time:
Liangong
Extreme body workout
Raw food with lots of greens

I'm still eating 1-2 green smoothies a day and a salad at night.  For snack I tend to go for the nuts or nut dips. I made a great one which I modified from The Complete Book of Raw page 148. They are Mary Hydman's Savory Neat Balls.  Here's my version.

1-2 stalks chopped celery
1/2 cup leeks
1/2 -1 cup carrots
1 cup almonds, soaked and well drained
3/4 cup walnuts, soaked and well drained
1 teaspoon Celtic salt (optional)
2-3 teaspoons shoyu or to taste (I leave out the salt and use more shoyu)
pinch sage
pinch thyme

Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.  Taste and adjust spices.
Form into patties or balls and dehydrate until desired texture. 

I dehydrated them the first time and they were great.  This time, I didn't and am using it as a spread.   I also like to put a dab on sliced cucumbers with a couple of olives and a touch of homemade hot sauce.  Another thing I did was make a leek sauce/dressing and use that to dip the dehydrated patties in.

Hope you enjoy them! Until next time!

It’s hard to be hateful when you’re being grateful.

The joy is in the journey, so enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment