Friday, October 15, 2010

Continuing week 1 work outs

10/14/10

Found out my Ab Ripper DVD isn't an m3p therefore didn't work.  So my husband is going to look into it and see what it is, if we can download a needed program, or if it's just bad.  So, today I worked on Plyometrics. 

Plyometrics is not easy for someone with knee problems and weak legs.  I did modified versions of all the exercises this morning.  I couldn't believe how uncoordinated I now am.  I used to be a ballet dancer with extremely strong legs and coordinated. No problem.  It will take as long as it takes to strengthen my legs again providing that I continue the P09X workouts for several months.

Meditation: This morning's meditation was really relaxing.  Sylvia sent an audio mediation which matched yesterday's lesson on the Seven Factors of Enlightenment.  I loved it! She didn't use the bell afterward so I was able to continue for several more minutes when she was finished. 

The Seven Factors are:
1. Concentration
2. Rapture
3. Calm
4. Investigation
5. Equanimity
6. Energy
7. Mindfulness.

10/15/10

No matter what my husband did, the Ab Ripper DVD didn't work. That's OK. The Core Synergistics workout is quite the workout for my abs. I'm just now no longer sore.

I started up again on the Shoulder's and Arms DVD today.  I really like that one.  I think I'll skip the Plyometrics DVD. It's really hard on my knees.  Maybe I'll try it again after my thighs build up.

Meditation: For the last two days I listened to the audio Sylvia made for Wednesday. It's a guided meditation which I love.  She made it in a way so when it's over, you can continue meditations.  What I did, was bring in my timer and still meditated my 20 minutes.

Emotion: What I've also noticed is that I've been emotionally charged the last couple of days. After much deliberation, I think it's my ego trying to return to the state of depression and sadness, which I was my usual state only a few years ago.  Since I choose happiness, my ego has been fighting me. The change has been slow.

Well, that's it for now. Hope you decide to follow me. Please feel free to make comments. I would love to hear about your journey, too.

W H Y = Whine, Holler, Yell.

Courage is the ability to change the familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment