Saturday, September 10, 2011

Raw Potatoes

potatoes

I haven't tried them yet. I have a couple of recipes to use them, but just haven't done it. Natural News posted a great article on potatoes. Without the butter, sour cream, etc. potatoes alone are high in "an assortment of minerals and vitamins." Those that have more color are expecially high in minerals.

The recipe from the video I posted earlier this week has one recipe: process in food processor potato, kale, avocado, and a bit of soy sauce. He says it tastes like mashed potatoes. I wonder what I could substitute kale for? We don't have a lot of greens here. Maybe I could try spinach or romaine. 

Another recipe I found is in "The Complete Book of Raw Food" on pg. 273. It's a bit more complicated: soaked macadamia nuts, garlic salt, lemon juice, rejuvelac, pine nuts, spinach, sweet onions, red potatoes, flaxseed, paprika powder. It's to make Spinach and Potato Latkes. They sound great. I love latkes. Since I don't have a dehydrator I've never tried that. Maybe I could use some of the same ingredients and make something that would work. 

I'll let you know.
Modern education pays attention to the development of the brain and the intellect, but this is not enough. We need also to be able to develop warm-heartedness in our educational systems. This we need from kindergarten all the way through university.--Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment