Saturday, September 17, 2011

Building Muscle

This is an important area for me. As I get closer to 60, I am noticing how my skin is beginning to sag more. I've been eating a high raw food diet for 7 years and have been working out pretty regularly over that time. It seems like I'm not gaining much in the muscle area. Perhaps I'm keeping it from weakening. However, I would love to be more toned.

What I like about Storm's philosophy, is that he believes using light weights and many reps is key. He also believes not only in building the muscle, but training them by using some form of martial arts. What I'm practicing now, with the help of P90X CDs, is Kenpo. I can see how weak my thigh muscles were when I started, how much stronger they've become over the last 2 months. Yet, I see no physical results. Perhaps that's OK for now. Maybe it takes more time for visible results. What I notice, is that my stamina is better as is my control over some of the exercises.


I've notice that over the last month since going to the park to work out, I can do 50 reps X3 on the rowing machine and 20 reps X4 on the other machine I use. Sorry, don't know what it's called but it's for the arms and back. There are no weights on these machines. That's why the rower is so easy now.

Even if I have loose saggy skin, at least my muscles will be strong.


When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment