Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Guided by Spirit

For the last year I've been reading "The Journey," a daily Bible reading program which was given to me by one of the members in the congregation at the church. I have found it very interesting and have even taken on some of the practices brought up in it. At the end of each reading is a question for reflections. Today's reading was titled "The Baptism of the Holy Spirit" which discusses John the Baptist's prophecy regarding the coming of Jesus.

Today's question is, "Have you experienced the fullness of God's Spirit working in and through you? Explain." I find this question wonderful. I have felt the Holy Spirit working in me, guiding me, and helping me. There has been no doubt that there is something that helps me move forward in my life, that gives me faith. The most recent was back in October when I received an email from a friend of mine. Here is the first part of the email:

This is my favorite Bible Verse. ...I think some times I have seen "to give you peace".

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
 ...
Dear Woman of God
Be still for a while and praise God for His favor, His grace and His awesomeness
God is able to do the impossible and is always near
He loves us unconditionally.


I though that is was a nice Bible verse and moved on with my day. Well, that afternoon I went to my Bible Study group. We were given handouts and started to read them aloud. My turn came and as I read, there it was, Jer. 29:11. Now I have never read Jeremiah before and to get the same verse twice in one day told me the Holy Spirit was giving me a message. Indeed that turned out to be the case. I found out at the end of October that my husband and I are moving to California, no job, just faith. I'm am so excited I can hardly stand it. There are so many possibilities for us. We have a place to stay and I have faith that my Higher Power will guide me through this time. My heart is filled with excitement and hope. I know this message was sent to let me know that God has a purpose for us in the next journey in this life. God has plans for us to prosper. We are blessed with hope and a future. I believe God blesses all of with hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment