Sunday, March 20, 2011

Been traveling

I have been traveling and have not been online for quite some time.  My father's 89th birthday was last week so I got to fly to California to be with him and other family members. It was quite the family reunion.

How did I use what I learned in my Buddha classes?  By practicing patience and joyful effort I was able to get through conversations with certain family members who usually push my buttons just right. Don't we all have kinfolk like that? I also remembered: Do no harm. This really helped, too.  So, by practicing the 6 perfections and on-the-spot tonglen I felt really great.

I start work tomorrow with a new schedule. As long as I do everything with patience and joyful effort, I'll do OK. That's my starting point. From there, I move into the ethics.

Have a beautiful day!

The hardest thing in life is letting go of what you thought was real.

No comments:

Post a Comment