Saturday, February 12, 2011

80/10/10

I had a bit of a cooked food relapse lately--Indian food which I find hard to resist--and decided to go on a cleanse.  Why a cleanse? Because I felt sick afterwards. In the past when I 'cheated,' I didn't have many problems. This time my stomach ached, mucus returned, and I felt bloated.

80-10-10-dietI decided not to do another series of dry fasts, but to do 80/10/10.  I've done this before with good results, so here I am, three weeks before Lent begins and already doing my Lenten fast.  Within two days I noticed one of the things I like about it: the feeling of a cleaner colon and bowl movements. For some reason, with this diet, I don't need as much toilet paper as I do when I eat more fats.  I even feel lighter.

So here I am, attempting to stay on 80/10/10.  While I was at the grocery store, I looked at those foods which tempt me but decided that I'm on a great path on which I want to stay.  Why mess up a good thing before getting maximum results?

The road to recovery is always under construction.

There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment